Links: Please view all!

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Stance of the Future: What You Can Expect

This has questioned a lot of people and seems to be spreading all across the grid:

http://www.sluniverse.com/php/vb/general-sl-discussion/87012-second-life-license-change-implies-3.html

https://plus.google.com/u/0/101371184407256956306/posts/iGGJ3gnAhhc



Basically what seems to be happening is that:

- Let's say that people are uploading textures and if you attribute the copyrights of said works, that it will be done in a way that will get people to leave...

sometimes that sounds pretty bad, but I would not say that it will always work this way. It's been in the TOS I believe for a while (part 7.2) and I've been in SL since May 2011, and the real start of my career was about September 2011 when I began working as a moderator.

Since then, I've been improving skills to develop something and then it came down to this with the Rise Stars, which was founded and launched on May 2012. And, I do not always make a lot off of this. I made this to try and get more of the people who were ripped off a second chance to see that the grid has possibilities.

The TOS change personally will not affect me unless they do this in a way to affect my authors and works of my authors, because each sale does give my developers a cut of profit and it is absolutely crucial that it stays this way, or else there will be problems. By giving people another chance to relive the fun that was one the past of success, it will get people's attention back into a grid that is full of exciting features, fun and more.

Let's keep this trend going, hmm?

Star Fishing and Star Hunting, these two systems have continued to hold their weight and bond with popularity and continue to show the true meaning of what a game should be, and I believe this kind of thing will allow the popularity to keep on shaping based on how a person wants a person to feel.

If I, Warden Stillwater had anything to say about why I do not hunt, or fish (except on player/owner request) this is why:

"In the past, Owners play the game on purpose without giving back to the customer or the consumer, because he/she wants the money for himself"

This is true to some people, but not to me. If you read the post titled "Golden Palace - A Mark of Honor" I reveal that I have paid players and people L$150,000 of the L$500,000 of what I've given away there because I feel that battle for others, instead of your own needs is the way to go. If I was battling for my own needs, that just sounds greedy to be intact despite the fact that I have made something relatively better for all in the end.

I would NEVER change anyone's budget or drain anyone's account (unless you are inactive and 90 days have passed - that is a LL TOS regulation we are forced to do) unless the money is paid back. Sure, you cannot request for a refund UNLESS you are banned under extreme circumstances.

If the grid of SL wants to keep growing, it will need the cooperation of its user base. I will not leave, but this is a thorn to me if they use it just for all the profit my developers worked hard for on this game. We agreed to the TOS because we felt this will help grid expansion, but we do not need to be hurt on it either, just my two words about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Followers