Links: Please view all!

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Warden's Top 10 Games - Since March 2013

** Warden's Top 10 Games (Since March 2013) **


#10: Bejeweled 3 & Twist (PC)
Fans of puzzle games would know Bejeweled, the most addictive game of the series from PopCap. Why is Peggle not in the top ten? For starters, the "Challenge Mode" is harder then it looks. Sure, it is a "challenge" but I usually struggle on the harder challenges when compared to the easier challenges. So, Bejeweled 3 & Twist land on this Top 10 because of its replay value.

#9: Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
Prepare to fight. This game, released in 2008, still holds on the Top 10 list because it is still enjoyable to this date and I haven't had any problems without it for a long time. There is just so many possibilities that you can do with this game.

#8: Counter-Strike: Source (PC)
I do enjoy Counter-Strike: Source, more then 1.6 because I am not always the competitive type. In CS:S though, I am one of those who tends to play on Mini-Games servers more then any other type of servers. However, I am not one who likes the course maps because they are frustrating and require a good amount of skill, which I do not have in course maps.

#7: Puzzler World Series (PC)
* Puzzler World, Puzzler World 2, and the upcoming Puzzler World 2013
Anyone who is an avid puzzle gamer would want these games. Sure, it is localized in the United Kingdom, but it will teach you something about that country! I sure enjoyed the series to begin with when I bought these.

#6: Left 4 Dead 2 (PC)
Left 4 Dead 2 is a zombie game. What makes it cool is all the campaigns. There is somewhat replay value, but it is not that good. Plus if you don't have a certain number of hours, players who take games too serious kick you out of their matches. It's dumb.

So it gets #6, beating the Puzzler World series only because the Puzzler World Series are for casual gamers, and Left 4 Dead is just plain killing. There is always something different in each campaign you play, especially if you try to solo Advanced difficulty maps.

#5: Killing Floor (PC)
Killing Floor is a game that can be played both solo and coop. Cooperative mode is pretty fun and exciting as long as you level your perks. It is generally easier to level perks on solo because you guarantee the kills or damage, but you always need to watch your six!

Killing Floor only got higher then Left 4 Dead 2 because of how you have to level perks, while Left 4 Dead 2 its primarily filled with competitive matches who take games too serious and they votekick you when you have not enough hours. (I only have 18 hours in Left 4 Dead 2 and about 18 hours in Killing Floor) and all the Killing Floor matches I never got kicked unjustly (lol)

#4: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC)
One may ask, why is this higher then Source?

Well, to answer that: The Competitive Matches.

I play competitive matches every so often to experience the game more. I am a Silver Elite rank... and an average/above-average player. I play about 4-5 matches a day, most losing, but I tend to make up for my K:D ratios. Sometimes I do poorly, other times I do well... it just depends on how my skill holds up in the gaming world.

Yes I don't come from CS 1.6 times, but I prove myself as a worthy teammate most of the time (about 75% of the time) in Competitive matches.

#3: Read below please. - Conceptis Puzzles
This is not an official title but I give #3 to Link-A-Pix and Pic-A-Pix puzzles from Conceptis Puzzles.

I enjoy both of these style puzzles and it is something I wanted to enjoy because there ACTUALLY is a lot of skill involved, especially for the Mega large ones that take between 1 hour to 5 hours (yes I am serious).

This is more of a generalization, because it is enjoyable to do.
http://www.conceptispuzzles.com/index.aspx?uri=home

You can register for an account and do free ones weekly, but if you want to keep your stats or do many other things when completing puzzles buy them. Trust me, you should... especially if you are a fan of them.

#2: Dungeon Defenders (PC)
Dungeon Defenders is a Tower Defense Hybrid game. You control a hero, who can summon towers as defenses (unless your a Barbarian).

Now, this gets #2 because of its replay value. You can simply reach a high hero level (my Squire is Level 89) and then farm mana (it costs BILLIONS just to upgrade everything) so you can have the highest stats and able to solo stuff. It is always best to do it on RANKED (as long as you don't cheat) because they award Steam Achievements and you can buy gear for your hero through AFK shops.

#1: Garry's Mod (PC)
Enough with serious gaming. Garry's Mod is the foundation of any source game because you can do pretty much anything. Construct any weird type of prop. Also, build a fortress. You could also spawn and create scenarios. Pretty much anything can be done in Garry's Mod. It also is home to one of the most popular gamemodes in Source history: Trouble in Terrorist Town.

Yes I know DarkRP is more popular but it is also more boring because you have to obey rules or get banned. Same goes with TTT but its more suspenseful since you do not know who the traitors are. Lol.

And Thus, with all of this endless fun, Garry's Mod gets #1 on my Warden's Top 10 Games list.




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Followers